Basically, this provides read-mode and edit-mode for local development!
Start by installing CSharpier: https://csharpier.com/
dotnet tool install csharpier -g
Switch to Read Mode
- Format code for reading:
dotnet csharpier .
- Read the code until you decide to make a change to it.
Switch to Write Mode
- Reset all the formatting:
git reset --hard HEAD
- Make the code changes.
- Commit the code changes:
git commit -m <some message>.
- Switch back to Read Mode.
This helps because:
- it meets my need for reading short lines, and
- it meets others' legitimate needs for minimal changes to the code base.